To really enjoy all that the Lake Tahoe area has to offer, it is recommended to rent a car. You may rent a car at the airport or if you are only in need of a car for a day or so there are several rental companies to choose from in Lake Tahoe. Once you are here, inquire at the Front Desk.
BlueGo Transit Services – (530) 541-7149
- Yellow Cab – (530) 544-5555
- Lakeshore Taxi – (530) 544-3600
- Reno-Tahoe International Airport — (775) 328-6400 — 1½ hours from resort/60 miles
- Sacramento International Airport — (916) 929-5411 — 2 hours from resort/65 miles
- South Lake Tahoe Airport (FBO) — (530) 541-2110 — 15 minutes from resort/7 miles
Winter Driving Tips:
Before driving to Tahoe in the winter, be prepared. Check your vehicle for appropriate tire tread, anti-freeze, lights, battery, brakes, defroster, heater and wiper blades. It’s also a good idea to bring along water, extra food, blankets, clothing, gloves, flashlight, shovel, ice scrapper and flares. Remember, Lake Tahoe Weather can change fast!
Always carry chains and keep your gas tank full. Allow enough time while traveling to the mountains. You never know when you may encounter stormy conditions or icy roads.
Lake Tahoe Weather